Tarrytown, NY At its 103rd Annual Meeting held October 28th at the DoubleTree Hotel, the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors (HGAR) awarded Bonnie Koff of William Raveis Legends Realty in Tarrytown as its “Realtor of the Year” for 2019. Sander Koudijs, senior vice president with The Great American Title Agency in White Plains, was named the 2019 HGAR “Affiliate Member of the Year.”
Koff has been a Realtor for over 20 years and an avid participant in the association, serving on over 25 HGAR councils and committees over the years. She has chaired the Hudson Gateway Realtor Foundation’s Fundraising Committee for the past six years. Because of her extraordinary work in fundraising, she is also being honored this year with the New York State Association of Realtors Community Service Award. A former association director, Koff also served on the Board of Directors for the former Westchester Coalition for the Hungry and Homeless. Prior to her real estate career, Koff owned an art gallery and several nail salons in the Hudson Valley.
Koudijs has over 16 years in the real estate business, and is a recognized sales executive who works directly with real estate professionals, lenders and attorneys to help facilitate smooth transactions for all those involved. He has been an active HGAR supporter and a volunteer with the Hudson Gateway Realtor Foundation for many years. Koudijs is also a constant fixture at almost every HGAR event. In addition to his title business, he is also an accomplished golfer and often travels abroad to play golf.
Other award winners included:
- Spirit Award: Al Smith of Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty, Bronx. This award honors the person who has demonstrated continuous support and outreach to other HGAR members. Smith is an HGAR director.
- Extra Mile Award: Tony D’Anzica of Dynamax Realty NYC, Manhattan. This award is presented to someone who has gone above and beyond in helping other agents. D’Anzica is a HGAR director and helped facilitate HGAR’s recent merger with the Manhattan Association of Realtors.
- President’s Award: Richard Haggerty, HGAR CEO, White Plains and Ann Garti, HGAR COO, Goshen. HGAR president Ron Garafalo presented this award to the people who have helped him most during his presidency.
- Albert Schatz Legislative Advocacy Award: Barry Kramer of Westchester Choice Realty, Scarsdale. Kramer was the 2018 HGAR president was instrumental in the success of the Co-op Disclosure Bill. This Bill sets deadlines for co-op boards to accept or reject a potential buyer and notify the County Human Rights Commission about its rejection.
- Stephanie Crispinelli Humanitarian Award: Roberta Bangs of Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty, New City. Bangs is an HGAR director, trustee of the HG Realtor Foundation, and has served as president of the Hi-Tor Animal Care Center in Pomona for six years. (The award is named for a brave young woman who was a victim of the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, where she had been volunteering to help families in need.)
- Up & Coming Award: Carmen Bauman of Green Grass Real Estate Corp., Bronxville. Bauman is a new HGAR director and is also a new member of HGAR’s Broker/Owner/Manager Committee and Strategic Planning Task Force.
- Edward Sumber Memorial Award: Nick Wolff of Better Homes and Gardens Rand, White Plains. Wolff has been helping the local community for years and has served as a board member of Family Services of Westchester. During the Holidays, he often dresses as Santa, drives a red Ferrari and distribute gifts to local children in need. (The award was created last year in memory of Ed Sumber, who served as the Association’s legal counsel from 1975 to 2015. Ed passed in June 2018.)
“Congratulations to all of our award winners for their extraordinary contributions to this organization and to their communities,” said Richard Haggerty, HGAR CEO. “Their selfless volunteer work and ‘go-give’ attitude has continued to be an inspiration for us all.”