New York, NY The national organization of the Professional Women in Construction (PWC) is happy to announce this year’s 40 Outstanding Women in Construction under 40 years of age! With a record number of nominations, the 2020 list brings the organization together during a year of uncertainty and challenges, to recognize the outstanding women who have shown commitment to the architecture, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry across all PWC Chapters, Boston, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.
Historically, the organization recognizes 20 women under 40, and only from the founding Chapter, New York. This year, in conjunction with their 40th Anniversary, National invited all PWC Chapters to submit nominations and increased the number of honorees from 20 to 40. Honorees were chosen by a selection committee, which included representation from each chapter.
40 Under 40 Outstanding Women in Construction Honorees:
- Gina Bigler, PE | engineer of construction, JFK Airport Redevelopment, PANYNJ
- Ilkay Can-Standard | innovation leader / bim consultant, GenX Design and Technology, LLC
- Erin DiFrancesco, CSP, CHST, ENV SP | assistant EHS director, Skanska USA Civil NE
- Kristen DiLoreto, NCIDQ | registered interior designer, Moser Pilon Nelson Architects, LLC
- Jolene D’Sa | project manager, STV, Inc.
- Dina Ferraiuolo, PE | project engineer, VHB
- Olivia Gardner, CM-BIM | virtual design & construction manager, BOND Building Construction, Inc.
- Jackie Harris | estimator, Torcon, Inc.
- Theresa Herrmann | senior project manager, Hunter Roberts Construction Group, LLC
- Lisa Hickerson | business development manager, Turner Construction Co.
- Leah Hoffman | project manager, TG Gallagher
- Amie Kromis | national director of vendor diversity, Skanska USA Building, Inc.
- Nicole Lindstrom, CPA | CFO, Tore Electric Co., Inc.
- Emily Mahoney LEED AP BD+C, CPESC, CAPM | project engineer, Langan
- Gia Mainiero AIA, LEED AP BD+C, assoc. DBIA | associate principal, Dattner Architects
- Sadie Maney | business development manager, Acentech
- Angela Matchica, PE, LC, LEED AP | principal, electrical engineer, director of lighting, EwingCole
- Jaime McGeehan | project manager, Torcon, Inc.
- Kate McPhillips, AIA | senior associate, architect, HOK
- Sara Ngan, AIA, LEED AP | senior associate, FXCollaborative
- Melissa O’Shea, CPA | partner, Sax LLP
- Blair Pan | project manager, AECOM Tishman
- Nichole Petersen | director of marketing, Flow Tech, Inc.
- Kaija Peterson | estimator, Structure Tone
- Marika Petsas | project manager, Amiantos, LLC
- Shanna Pfau, PE | senior project manager, HC Constructors
- Lori Piscopo, PE | principal, Hunt Engineering Co.
- Tricia Quan Kep | business development manager - NY & NJ, TY Lin International
- Kathy Rice | interior designer, SOSH Architects
- Sushmita Roy, Esq. | general counsel, HAP Construction, LLC
- Jillian Russo | president, Concrete Scanning and Imaging, Inc.
- Michelle Ryckman | founder + president, Insight Civil Engineering, PLLC
- Gina Semerad | associate, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
- Emily Snead, PG | project geologist, Langan
- Jennifer Sutherby, RA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C | project director, program and project management, Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
- Samantha VanSchoick | director of strategic partnerships, CIL
- Sara Vasquez | project manager, Structure Tone
- Alicia Mojica Washington | director of marketing and JEDI ERG, HRP Associates, Inc.
- Michaele Watson, EIT | project manager, W. Allen Engineering, PLLC
- Tara Wilk | project engineer II - National Heavy/Civil Division, Walsh Construction Co. II, LLC
The 40 Under 40 recipients will be honored during the PWC’s 40th Anniversary Celebration. The virtual celebration will be held on Thursday, December 10, 2020, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM, and is a black tie event. Aside from the awards portion, the event will also include networking, a program and entertainment like a photo booth and mixologist.
For more information about the 40 Under 40 Awards program or the anniversary celebration, visit the event page, www.pwcusa.org/event/40th-anniversary-celebration/.
Professional Women in Construction (PWC) is a national, nonprofit organization founded in 1980 that seeks to support, advance, and connect women and promote diversity within the architecture, engineering, construction, (AEC) and related industries. Membership is open to professional women and men, private companies and public agencies in construction and allied industries. Please visit the PWC website for more information.