New York, NY The Kaufman Org. has appointed Michael Kazmierski as president of Kaufman Investments. Kazmierski, who was previously principal and director of acquisitions, will now lead all real estate investment strategies and activities for one of NYC’s oldest and largest commercial landlords at 35 years of age.
“Mr. Kazmierski has helped advance the Kaufman legacy by implementing a strategic vision based on a strong understanding of the intricacies of the NYC commercial landscape coupled with deep resources across the capital markets,” said Steven Kaufman, president of Kaufman. “He has consistently proven himself to be a passionate, tenacious and results-driven professional.”
A commercial real estate and finance professional, he was the youngest employee in Kaufman’s 108-year history to be elevated to the position of principal and director of acquisitions in 2016 and now the youngest be elevated to president of Kaufman Investments. Throughout his tenure at Kaufman, he has played a role in $1.5 billion in acquisitions, dispositions and financings of NYC office transactions.
Some notable transactions include:
• The recapitalization and closing of the storied Madison Sq. portfolio in Midtown South comprising of over 350,000 s/f with China Orient Advisors including ongoing acquisition oversight.
• The capitalization and closing of 155 West 23rd St. with Goldman Sachs including ongoing acquisition oversight.
• The origination and capitalization of nearly a full city block in Astoria, Queens occupied by the United Artists Theater.
• The origination, capitalization and closing of 236 Fifth Ave., an 83,000 s/f building in NoMad.
• The origination, capitalization and closing of the Cardinal Building, a 65,000 s/f building in Hunter’s Point, Long Island City.
• Most recently, the $120 million refinancing of the Madison Sq. portfolio which was inclusive of an additional acquisition facility to purchase a newly restructured ground lease.
Prior to joining the Kaufman, Kazmierski held finance and investment positions at HFF and Mesirow Financial Consulting.
“I look forward to continuing the growth of our strategic investments and providing strong returns for the Kaufman Org. and our institutional partners,” said Kazmierski. “It has been a pleasure to work with such a strong team and premier operator in New York City.”
Originally from the Detroit, MI area, Kazmierski holds an M.S. in Real Estate Development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is active in the real estate community through regular participation in AmTrust’s Young Leaders in Commercial Real Estate Summit as well as appearing on various other industry panels. He is a decorated Eagle Scout and former college hockey player who enjoys staying active in the Chelsea Piers Hockey League.