New York, NY IREM isn’t letting the pandemic stop our members from earning their IREM credentials. They are now offering courses virtually.
June 15 & 16: “Financing & Loan Analysis for Investment Real Estate”
While it may not seem important on a day-to-day basis, understanding financial concepts can help you build value and increase income for your business holdings. Let’s be honest. Fluctuations in the financial and real estate market are inevitable. But with this course, you’ll learn to produce higher revenue for your portfolio – despite the turbulence of the market. Learn the ins and outs of financing and leverage:
- Financing and Where to Get it. Public and private lenders, lender perceptions and requirements.
- Loan Structure and Fees. You’ll learn about common loan types and detail the elements of a loan package used to secure financing.
- Loan Calculation. Compare financial calculation tools, calculate principal and interest, and understand effective interest rate.
- Here’s the Important Part: Loan Analysis. Your value to clients and employers will multiply exponentially when you can determine leverage position and conduct a break-even analysis.
June 17 & 18: “Performance & Valuation of Investment Real Estate”
It’s time to think long term. Here you’ll receive the tools and skills to determine the performance of real estate assets, allowing you to enhance the long-term financial outlook of your portfolio and secure the future prosperity of your business. While your competitors are thinking about tomorrow, you’ll be playing the long game, thinking 1, 5, and 10 years down the road. And that’s a mindset that investors need and crave in their managers. Get all the knowledge and skills you need to measure property performance and assess value:
- The Key Financial Concepts of Investment Real Estate. Time value of money, discounted cash flow analysis, and equity capitalization, all broken down so you can understand them and apply them right away in your job.
- The Four Tests of Investment Return. Do you know them by heart? Cash-on-cash rate of return, value enhancement, net present value, and internal rate of return are all covered in-depth.
- Valuing Properties. Get every edge you’ll need for pinpoint accuracy, by comparing common valuation methods, deriving the cap rate, and defining highest and best use.
- Lease Analysis and Taxation Essentials. Become a master at calculating effective rent, comparing lease proposals, and defining taxes related to real estate.
June 19: “Asset Analysis of Investment Real Estate”
This deep dive into asset management puts you in the driver’s seat, using real-world investment scenarios, to enable you to consistently deliver forecasted returns for owners and investors. Hands-on application of essential financial concepts will help you perform multiple cash flow analyses. Get ready for the big time. Walk away with the financial acumen to strengthen client relationships and win new business.
- Make it Work. Learn to apply concepts to conduct cash flow analysis.
- Weigh your Options. Analyze alternatives to test potential courses of action for a property.
- Make your Two Cents Count for a lot More Than Two Cents. Learn to make an informed recommendation, given the ownership goals, and what you’ve learned.
- The Mighty Management Plan. Unlock the key elements of writing a management plan for investment real estate.
Register now for one, two or all three. They’re all required for the CPM. Visit iremnyc.org or call 212.944.9445.