New York, NY The American Council of Engineering Companies of New York (ACEC New York) presented the 2017 Chairman’s Award to the Commissioner of the NYS Department of Transportation, Matthew Driscoll. Driscoll was recognized for his outstanding leadership and support of the industry.
The award was presented at the council’s annual spring membership luncheon at the NYC Union League Club on June 7th.
Additionally, Joseph Amato, P.E., senior partner of Cameron Engineering & Associates, LLP, was named the 2017 Engineer of the Year for his contributions to the consulting engineering profession, the council and his community.
Sissy Nikolaou, PhD, P.E., principal at WSP, was named the New Principal of the Year, an award which is given to a member who has been a principal less than five years and who has made significant contributions to the consulting engineering community.
Also at the luncheon, ACEC New York inducted a new slate of officers and directors. All officers’ and directors’ terms began on July 1st.
Thomas McLaughlin, P.E., senior vice president at HDR, is the new chair for 2017-18. Outgoing chair Mark McAnany, P.E., business segment leader at Bergmann Associates, D.P.C., is now the national director of ACEC New York, serving as liaison between ACEC New York and the ACEC National organization in Washington, D.C.
Below is the full list of the ACEC New York board of directors for 2017-18:
• Chair: Thomas McLaughlin, P.E., HDR
• Chair-Elect: Richard McFadden, P.E., Jaros, Baum & Bolles
• Treasurer: Milo Riverso, P.E., STV Group.
• Secretary: Jennifer Michniewicz, P.E., Clark Patterson Lee.
• National Director: Mark McAnany, P.E., Bergmann Associates, Inc.
• Vice chair: Gregory Cummings, P.E., Larson Design Group.
• Vice chair: William McCormick, P.E., Erdman Anthony.
• Vice chair: John Robson, P.E., Foit-Albert Associates, Architecture, Engineering and Surveying, P.C.
In addition to members of the executive committee, the following directors represent the various regions that comprise ACEC New York:
• Arthur Alzamora, Jr., P.E., Langan Engineering, Environmental, Surveying and Landscape Architecture, DPC
• Michael Anderson, P.E., AECOM
• Eugene Daly, P.E., L.K. McLean Associates, PC
• Thomas Duffy, P.E., Thornton Tomasetti
• Richard Fischer, P.E., WSP USA
• Jitendra (Jim) Hirani, P.E., Hirani Engineering & Land Surveying, P.C.
• Joseph Kime, P.E., Beardsley Design Associates Architecture, Engineering & Landscape Architecture, D.P.C.
• Charles Manning, P.E., Parsons Corp.
• Christopher McDermott, P.E., AECOM
• Martin Meriwether, P.G., P.W. Grosser Consulting Engineer & Hydrogeologist, P.C.
• Brian Miller, P.E., LaBella Associates, D.P.C.
• Mia Nadasky, P.E., HVEA Engineers
• Michael Rennard, P.E., LiRo Engineers, Inc.
• Kamal Shahid, P.E., KS Engineers, P.C.
• David Taillon, P.E., Passero Associates
• David Tanenbaum, P.E., Lilker Associates Consulting Engineers, P.C.
• Timothy Walck, P.E., Wendel WD Architecture, Engineering, Surveying and Landscape Architecture, P.C.
• John Waltz, P.E., Sidney B. Bowne & Son, LLP
• Neal Weitman, P.E., Louis Berger U.S.
• Richard (Rick) Zottola, P.E., Leslie E. Robertson Associates.