New York, NY According to DXA studio, five new members have joined their growing team. Their new hires are as follows:
• Daniel Kraffcyzk, senior designer, received his master’s segree in Architecture from Harvard University’s School of Design. He has ten years of hands-on professional experience in German, American, and Canadian architecture offices and studios. He has participated in many competitions and worked on various individual building and urban planning designs from the conceptual stage to construction details. His experience ranges from commercial mixed-use projects and large-scale shopping malls to hotel, office and residential buildings. He also has experience with New York based residential projects (new construction and renovations) and has worked on design for private houses. He has knowledge in construction document preparation, project management, NYC building code and zoning, DOB approval processes and construction administration as well as strong technical knowledge in building systems and detailing.
• Cesar Juarez, intermediate designer, received his bachelors of Architecture degree with from The City College of New York in 2013. Before joining DXA studio, he previously worked at Caseworks Architect and Mortar Arch + Dev working on various types of projects, finding solutions to problems technical and formal. At Mortar Arch + Dev he spearheaded the firm’s responses on enclosure, screening and facade systems. He coordinated DOB and construction sets for multi-family residential projects comprising of New Construction, Alterations and Landmarks.
• Alberto Herzog, intermediate designer received his master of Architecture and Architectural Engineering at University of Navarra’s Escuela Tecnica Superior de Arquitectura. He then spent a year working at Bjarke Ingels Group’s Copenhagen office, where he developed his 3D visualization skills to round out his technical knowledge acquired at ETSAUN. As a result, Alberto decided to open his own Visualization studio to support Spanish architectural offices in creating renderings and visuals for their unbuilt proposals. He has also previously held positions of Visualizer and Architectural Designer at Kengo Kuma Architects and Associates in Tokyo and Hollwich Kushner in New York City.
• Ryan Barnette, junior designer, received his bachelor of arts in Architecture from the University of Kentucky’s College of Design, followed by his masters of Architecture from the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Design. He previously worked at PennDesign, a student publication, as a graduate assistant to second year design students and as a graduate assistant to the second year visual studies students. He was also a research assistant for the duration of his education where he co-edited a publication, and did a series of drawings and renderings for a second publication. His academic work was selected to be published in the school’s yearly publication, Pressing Matters, for four semesters. He also worked as a Junior Designer at Canno Design and Architecture in Formation.
• Sarp Arditi, junior designer, received his bachelor of Architecture at the Rhode Island School of Design in 2017 with a concentration in sustainable design. Before joining DXA studio, Sarp held design and architecture positions at Sebastian Mariscal Studio, Ultramoderne Architecture and most recently at PJC Architecture, where He designed a summer home in the Adirondacks and an apartment combination on the Upper East Side of New York City.
“We are excited to have these five exceptional designers onboard with the DXA studio team,” said Jordan Rogove, a partner at DXA studio. “The new team members come from diverse backgrounds in architecture and design and their experiences will bring unique expertise to our upcoming projects”
“We are thrilled to bring on a group of staff of this caliber, and we’re looking forward to having their skill set further strengthen our design and technical expertise,” said Wayne Norbeck, a partner at DXA studio.