The Doe Fund receives Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for Villa House

December 15, 2020 - Owners Developers & Managers

New York, NY According to The Doe Fund, it has received a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for Villa House, which will serve formerly homeless individuals and individuals or households from the NYCHA waitlist with an emphasis on prospects from the local community.

The 10-story development will include 60 studio units and eight one-bedroom apartments. 60% of the units (41 units) will be reserved for formerly homeless individuals; the remaining 40% (27 units) will be occupied by either individuals or households from the NYCHA waitlist.

Villa House will provide onsite supportive services to residents, including comprehensive case management, linkages to health care, job preparedness, employment training, and drug/alcohol prevention services. Other amenities will include 24-hour security, energy-efficient appliances and building systems, and shared community spaces—including a bike room, community room, and a rear garden.

Chase Community Development Banking, a leading investor in developing communities and neighborhoods, financed construction. Other key project partners include NYC Housing Preservation and Development, NYC Housing Authority, the Corporation for Supportive Housing, and NYC Human Resources Administration. 

The building was designed by DeLaCour Ferrara & Church Architects, and the building contractor is Mega Contracting Group, LLC.

“Providing vulnerable New Yorkers with a place to call home, at a time when we continue to confront the pandemic, unemployment, and housing insecurity is critical,” said Doe Fund executive vice president John McDonald. “This residence will provide shelter from the storm for individuals and families struggling to escape homelessness and poverty. With comprehensive, onsite social services, tenants will have access to the support they need to live with dignity and stability.”          

Tags:

Comments

Add Comment


More from the New York Real Estate Journal