Manhattan, NY The Subcontractors Trade Association (STA) hosted the 50th Annual Construction Awards Dinner on Thursday, April 11th at the Grand Hyatt located at 109 East 42nd St. in Midtown, honoring some of the construction industry’s top leaders, innovators and visionaries.
“The 50th Annual Construction Awards Dinner was a lively evening that celebrated the industry’s thought leaders, visionaries and the entire STA member community,” said Hank Kita, executive director of STA. “STA has a successful history of educating, engaging and promoting unionized subcontractors throughout the construction industry. We look forward to many more years of industry advocacy and positively impacting the success of our membership.”
This year’s recipient of the Silver Shovel Award was David Rothstein, an executive vice president of construction at Extell Development, one of the city’s most prominent developers for his positive contributions to the New York real estate market and overall industry excellence.
- Ralph Esposito of Lendlease as Builder of the Year;
- Lorraine Grillo of NYC Department of Design and Construction and NYC School Construction Authority as Public Official of the Year;
- Robert Walsh of Ironworkers Local Union No. 40 as Labor Leader of the Year;
- Robert Ansbro of Eagle One Roofing Contractors, Inc. who has been honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award; and
- Robert Weiss of A.J. McNulty & Co. Inc., who has earned the Ronald Berger Subcontractor of the Year.
The STA also honored the industry’s emerging young professionals for the first time in the association’s history. Spearheaded by its Young Professionals Committee, the Young Professionals Award is designed to honor 20 rising stars who are innovators and gamechangers in the building and professional services industries.
The Subcontractors Trade Association is New York’s leading association of union subcontractors. STA is your advocate to improve and enhance your economic position in New York’s complex and changing construction industry. STA represents its members in dealing with the public agencies, authorities and private developers. STA’s philosophy centers on dispute resolution without the need for litigation, and the association has served its members for over 50 years in this area.