Rochester, NY On January 21, Rochester Management, a non-profit affordable housing development and management organization, joined local leaders to celebrate the groundbreaking of a new $13.4 million, 45,000 s/f affordable senior housing development in the southwest side of Rochester.
Zion Hill Senior Apartments, a collaboration between Rochester Management Inc. and Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church, will increase available housing choices during the ongoing housing crisis.
The new apartment complex will provide 45 affordable senior apartments. The development will feature one- and two-bedroom apartments, with seven reserved for frail elderly with special needs. Rent will range from 30% to 60% of the area median income. The building’s amenities will include on-site community services, a fitness room, lounge, community room, and laundry. The rooftop garden and greenhouse will bring the tenants together with the surrounding community and the Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church.
Once complete, Zion Hill Apartments will raise the standard of living for local seniors and create a stronger community around them.
SWBR is providing design services for the project, which is expected to be completed in 2022.
Zion Hill Senior Apartments project team:
• Rochester Management, Inc. Owner
• LECESSE Construction Services General Contractor
• SWBR Architect, Structural Engineer, Landscape Architect, Interior Designer
• Bergmann Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Surveyor
• EC4B Engineering, Inc. Mechanical Engineer
• Kennedy Mechanical Contractors Plumbing Engineer\
• APD Engineering & Architecture, PLLC Electrical Engineer
• Sustainable Comfort Energy Consultant
• Bryant Design Services Rendering Services