Fordham University to host "Sustaining the Future of Real Estate"
“Sustaining the Future of Real Estate: Sticks, Bricks and Capital” will take place Thursday, Oct. 6, 9-11 a.m., at Fordham University’s Lincoln Center campus, 113 W. 60th St., 12th floor, New York City. The event will be held in-person and also presented virtually and livestreamed. The in-person event will include a networking breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and the presentation will begin at 9 a.m. The registration cost is $35 and includes continuing education credits.
The event will include two hour-long panel discussions. The first panel, “Sustainable Design, Architecture and Construction,” will cover LEED and WELL certifications, emission laws and regulations, and sustainability standards for construction design, methods and materials. The panel will be moderated by Serge Reda,?chair of the REI Curriculum Committee and director of Development and Construction at Cedar Realty Trust, and feature:
- Chris Ernst, AIA, LEED AP, and principal, Perkins Eastman
- Rob Willis,?head of construction, MAG Partners
- James Lin, P.E., LEED AP, CPHD, and passive house?associate partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
- Frances Graham, RA, LEED AP ID+C, WELL AP,?senior managing director-project manager, Northeast Region, Newmark
The second panel, “Sustainable Lending and Investing,” will include perspectives on how capital sources are thinking about sustainability,?obtaining funding for sustainable projects, and other solutions investors are implementing.?The panel will be moderated by Melissa Reagen, managing director and portfolio manager at Nuveen LLC, and feature:
- Stephen Ceurvorst, CEO and managing partner, Lord Capital and LordCap Green
- Alexandra Cooley,?CIO and co-founder, Nuveen Green Capital
- Rajeev Ranade, partner,?Climate Core Capital LLC
To register for the event, click here.