NYC International Facility Management Association chapter hosts Annual Awards of Excellence Dinner Jan. 24
February 25, 2013 - New York City
More than 300 members and guests gathered to honor outstanding projects, individuals, companies, service providers and vendors.
This year, the chapter issued 11 awards, which were granted to nominees for their participation and commitment to the chapter, commitment to sustainability and environmental awareness, contributions to their company in development, implementation or maintenance of a facility, dedication to developing a curriculum or teaching students in subjects related to facilities management, innovative design or their role as emerging leaders. The 2013 award winners were:
* Distinguished Associate Corporation: Knoll
* Distinguished Associate Member: Jay Feiertag
* Distinguished Professional Member: Colleen Moran, NBC Universal
* Distinguished Facilities Manager: Sherrylynn Trotta, Proskauer LLP
*Distinguished Emerging Leader: Susie Boyer, Teach for America
*Distinguished Educator: Russell Olson, R.O.I. Consulting Group
* Distinguished Environmental Company: Bloomberg
* Design & Construction of a New Facility (under 50,000 s/f): NYU Law School, Wilf Hall
* Design & Construction of a New Facility (50,001-200,000 s/f): Jones Lang LaSalle
* Design & Construction of a New Facility (over 200,000 s/f): WilmerHale
* Leed Certified Awards: Arup, Jones Lang LaSalle, NYU Law School - Wilf Hall, Proskauer LLP
* Anthony Cornacchia Distinguished Service Award: Christian Miller, YMCA of Greater New York.
IFMA New York Chapter has been serving the needs of Facility Managers in New York City for over 25 years. The mission of the organization is to guide and advance the professional development of their members throughout their careers with support in certification, networking, education and research. From the beginning, the IFMA New York Chapter has been a leader in the Facilities Industry. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies facility managers, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world's largest facility management conference and exposition.