Shown (from left) are: Alexandra Liz, Lazard, IFMA NYC Awards Dinner co-chair; Richard Warner, Evercore, award recipient; Luis Acevedo, Major League Soccer, award recipient; Yasaman Hoorazar, HOK, IFMA NYC Awards dinner chair; Kelcia Acevedo Standard Chartered Bank, award recipient; Erick Velez, Yext, award recipient; Sonya Verny, IA Interior Architects, IFMA NYC chapter secretary; Saeid Garebaglow, award recipient; and Ayda Melo-Teveras, WeWork, award recipient.
New York, NY The NYC chapter of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA NYC) hosted its 2018 annual Awards for Excellence Dinner at The Plaza.
Over 400 guests attended the sold-out dinner to celebrate IFMA members and their companies for their outstanding accomplishments over the past year with the annual presentation of the Awards for Excellence. IFMA NYC 2018 award recipients include the following:
• Distinguished chapter volunteer: End User Member - Ayda Melo-Taveras, WeWork.
• Facilities Management Achievement: Facilities Project Planning and Management - Christine McHugh, Evercore c/o Copper Hill Development.
• Facilities Management Achievement: Facilities Operations Management - Floyd Primavera, GroupM.
• Distinguished Emerging Leader - Rosie Hobbs, Flatiron Health.
• Anthony J. Cornacchia Distinguished Service Award - Colleen Moran, Evercore.
• Distinguished Chapter Volunteer: Member Corp. - Allsteel.
• Distinguished Chapter Volunteer: IFMA NYC board member - Sonya Verny, IA Interior Architects.
• Distinguished Chapter Volunteer: Service provider member - Jonathan Perez, POM Technologies.
• Distinguished Environmental Company of the Year -Verizon
• Design & Construction of a New Facility (under 40,000 s/f) - MANHATTA I team: Woods Bagot; Henderson Engineers; L&K Partners, Inc.; and Gardiner & Theobald.
• Design & Construction of a New Facility (40,000 s/f to 50,000 s/f) - American Kennel Club team: Gensler; Syska Hennessy Group; Structure Tone, Inc.; and VVA Project Managers & Consultants.
• Design & Construction of a New Facility (40,000 s/f to 50,000 s/f) - GroupM team: HOK, Lilker Associates, JRM Construction Management, and Gardiner & Theobald.
• 2018 Workplace Innovation Award - Knotel
• Humanitarian Innovation Award - Smile Train.
IFMA New York Chapter has been serving the needs of Facility Managers in New York City for over 25 years. The mission of the organization is to guide and advance the professional development of their members throughout their careers with support in certification, networking, education and research. From the beginning, the IFMA New York Chapter has been a leader in the Facilities Industry. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies facility managers, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world’s largest facility management conference and exposition. For more information, visit www.ifmanyc.org.