LI Appraisal Institute Business Practices & Ethics Course - Nov 8
Business Practices and Ethics is an important course that provides information about standards and ethics requirements for valuers in general and, more specifically, for valuers who belong to the Appraisal Institute. Through discussion questions and examples, the class compares behavior and actions that illustrate violations of the Code of Professional Ethics, and participants learn how referrals can be made. Participants are also introduced to the Appraisal Institute Guide Notes to the Standards of Professional Practice and use these Guide Notes to resolve everyday appraisal practice problems. At the end of the course, they learn about common errors in appraisal reports and review reports, and they respond to questions about challenges that arise in appraisal practice such as requests for updates and requests to change or add intended users. These are common business practice issues that appraisers encounter in various assignments, including mortgage lending, litigation, and property tax appeal. Other real-life scenarios in the course illustrate less common business practice issues such as an appraiser’s obligation when illegal or criminal behavior is observed.
The content emphasizes:
• Business practices issues, such as how to respond to seemingly unreasonable requests, how to address client pressure, and how to approach a complex assignment.
• Which standards apply to Appraisal Institute Designated Members, Candidates for Designation, Practicing Affiliates, and Affiliates, and when they apply.
• The key principles of the Standards of Valuation Practice.
• How to identify and avoid behavior that violates the Standards of Valuation Practice.
• The correct way to use the Appraisal Institute's designations, emblems, and logo.
• Understanding the Appraisal Institute's enforcement process.
NOTE: The AQB approved this course for 6 hours of Appraiser CE. New York State has approved this course for 6 Hours Appraiser CE.
Who should enroll?
• Designated Members.
• Candidates for Designation.
• Practicing Affiliates and those interested in readmitting to the Appraisal Institute.
Note. This course is required CE for AI Designated Members and Practicing Affiliates
Non Members: $215.00
Required Texts: Student course outlines are included in the tuition and Shipped to students. If students have previously obtained these outlines, the purchase price will not be deducted from the tuition fees.
Location: Hilton Homewood Suites, 40 Westbury Ave., Carle Place, NY 11514
Course Schedule: Friday November 8, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sign-in: 8 – 8:30 a.m. Continental breakfast included
Instruction: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Instructor: Robert Smith, MAI
CE: Continuing Education Credit: Full attendance at this course and successful completion of the examination will qualify for 30 Points/6.0 hours of Appraisal Institute CE credit, and 6 hours NYS Real Estate Appraiser Continuing Education Credit.
To register and/or pay online, visit: www.appraisalinstitute.org/education/LongIsland.aspx