New York, NY Shen Milsom & Wilke (SM&W) has promoted the following five New York employees:
• Mark Peterson has been promoted to principal | audiovisual. In addition to leading the AV discipline for SM&W, Peterson has been integrating his knowledge of enterprise communications and unified technology solutions not only into the AV discipline, but also into the solutions he provides for his clients. In the fall of 2018, he spent several months with SM&W’s Asia offices, deepening his understanding of world class technology solutions, which he has been implementing internally and externally since his return. He won the 2016 Pioneer of AV Quality Award from the Association for Quality in AV Technology, Inc.
• Steven Sorrenti, PSP, was promoted to associate principal | physical security. He has been with SM&W for 15 years and is an experienced project manager with expertise managing large, multidiscipline projects including the Volpe National Transportation Center and the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA). He is a mentor to SM&W’s junior staff, teaching both the technical and business sides of physical security consulting.
• Robert Donovan, INCE was promoted to senior associate | acoustics. His passion for acoustics is demonstrated through his innovative solutions and his care of clients. Over the past year, he helped develop and implement the use of a live streaming data monitoring tool and an acoustic camera as a key to solving noise and vibration challenges.
• Brian Takacs, CTS-D, was promoted to senior associate | audiovisual. Joining SM&W in 2015, his background in both acoustics and audiovisual technology instantly made him an excellent design and technical resource. His ability to understand client needs and to achieve successful project outcomes have earned him the respect of both his clients and his teammates.
• Jarrod Whittington was promoted to senior associate | acoustics. He has been with SM&W since 2006. Because of his problem solving and creative solutions, he has become a trusted adviser to his clients, often referred to as their “go-to” acoustician. His technical and management skills enable him to work on very large and complex acoustical projects.
“I am thrilled to celebrate this year’s promotions. The following individuals have done an exceptional job of staying ahead of trending technology and applications in their respective fields. They have helped our clients achieve success on their projects and have helped SM&W to grow. I am pleased to recognize the following individuals for their demonstrated leadership and exceptional dedication to our firm and clients,” said Tom Shen, president & CEO, SM&W.