Merritt Environmental Consulting
77 Arkay Drive, Suite D, Hauppauge, NY 11788
- Emerging Contaminants and emerging trends: Impacts on Long Island’s drinking water supply - by Chuck Merritt
- With green opportunities, comes a lot of red tape: Different programs offered by local/state agencies - by Chuck Merritt
- Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZ) and
New York State brownfield programs - by Chuck Merritt
- 2019 Ones to Watch: Chuck Merritt Merritt Environmental Consulting Corp.
- MBAofNY hosted its Annual Winter Networking Event and Whiskey Tasting February 7th
Merritt Environmental Consulting Corporation (MECC) was formed in June of 2009, under the direction of Chuck Merritt who has been assisting lending institutions, insurance companies, attorneys, property owners and real estate investors for over two (2) decades. Our primary service is determining if environmental issues exist at a property. Typically when a site is being purchased or refinanced we are engaged to conduct a phase one Environmental Site Assessment (ESA). MECC provides a written assessment of the property utilizing historical maps, database reports and experienced personnel to conduct the site Reconnaissance. Our staff has represented clients on commercial real estate, including industrial sites, multi-family buildings, professional office complexes and retail shopping centers.
Chuck Merritt, President, is a recognized expert in the field of environmental consulting and the
Long Island Business News (LIBN) named Chuck a “Who’s Who in Engineering and Environmental Consulting” in 2007, 2013, and 2015. Chuck is an Environmental Professional (EP) as defined by the ASTM governing body and a LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) accredited professional (AP) issued by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
Chuck has served as Chairman of the Young Mortgage Bankers Association and Governor for both the Mortgage Bankers Association and the National Realty Club.
MECC headquarters is based in Hauppauge NY with satellite offices in Florida and Vermont.