Manhattan, NY The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) has named the industry leaders who will be presented with top honors for their professional success and contributions to the real estate industry at REBNY’s 122nd Annual Banquet to be held on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at the New York Hilton in Midtown.
Rob Speyer, president and CEO of Tishman Speyer, will receive The Harry B. Helmsley Distinguished New Yorker Award, which is presented to an industry member for their invaluable contributions to the city’s civic welfare and the real estate community. Speyer has served as chairman of REBNY since 2013. He led the organization through a period of change spanning two mayoral administrations and the selection of the first new president of REBNY in 30 years.
“Rob Speyer’s record of service and civic leadership as REBNY Chairman will be a tough act to follow,” said incoming REBNY chair William Rudin. “His vision and dedication to the industry has made REBNY a stronger and better organization than ever before.”
“Rob Speyer’s generosity of spirit and strategic guidance throughout his tenure as REBNY chair represents the very best of New York City. I want to thank him and each of the award winners for their extensive contributions to our industry through their professional accomplishments, leadership, and dedicated service,” said John Banks, REBNY president.
Charles Schumer, New York’s senior United States senator will receive The John E. Zuccotti Public Service Award. This award recognizes a New Yorker who has displayed exceptional accomplishments and service in the public’s interest. Throughout four Senate terms, Schumer has worked across the aisle to protect the middle class and find common sense solutions to national issues.
“We are delighted to honor New York’s senior senator. Chuck Schumer’s tireless commitment to New York captures the very sprit of the Zuccotti Award. Our 122nd Annual Banquet will be a night to remember as we celebrate all our honorees, and the entire real estate community,” said Rudin.
In addition to Speyer and Schumer, five award winners will be recognized:
• Elizabeth Stribling, chairman of Stribling & Associates, will receive The Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award;
• Richard LeFrak, chairman and CEO of LeFrak, will receive The Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award;
• Joanne Podell, executive vice chairman at Cushman & Wakefield, will receive The Louis Smadbeck Memorial Broker Recognition Award;
• Gene Boniberger, senior vice president and director of building operations for Rudin Management Company, Inc., will receive The George M. Brooker Management Executive of the Year Award; and
• Ron Lo Russo, president of Cushman & Wakefield’s Agency Consulting Group, will receive The Young Real Estate Professional of the Year Award. This award is selected by the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association of New York.
REBNY advises that those wishing to attend the 122nd Annual Banquet should purchase their tickets early at https://www.rebny.com/banquet. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sponsor this event.