Call for action!
Reauthorize the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) needs your help to drive messages to members of Congress urging them to support H.R. 2874, “The 21st Century Flood Reform Act.”
H.R. 2874 reauthorizes the NFIP and makes a number of critical improvements to the NFIP including increased funds for mitigation activities, caps on overall premium increases, improved claim and mapping processes, as well as removing hurdles for more private market participation in the flood insurance market. Reauthorization of the NFIP will help over 5 million homeowners in 22,000 communities around the country, so it is critical Congress acts now.
If Congress fails to take action to reauthorize the NFIP, it will expire by September 30, 2017. (Please go to www.nyscar.org for information on the Call to Action)
October 10, 2017, Syracuse: “Comprehensive Due Diligence is Key in Real Estate” and “Turning Real Estate Knowledge into Income,” instructed by Tim Conley, CCIM, SIOR, sponsored by NYSCAR in cooperation with the Syracuse Area Chapter.
•“Comprehensive Due Diligence is Key in Real Estate” will provide a comprehensive overview of what is important in creating successful real estate transactions. Topics to be covered will be the due diligence that is impacted by “municipalities” regarding their regulations, services and planning requirements for commercial real estate development and renovations.
•“Turning Real Estate Knowledge into Income” Understanding the potential of the income attributed to real estate services and how it can be contributed to real estate investments:
• Application of the components “Cash Flow Analysis resulting in rates of return”
• Introduction of available government programs for active investors
• Creating and improving a financial proforma
• Define and calculate new operating income to maximize investment potential
• Creating a competitive bidding process for construction and financial services
• Establishing market rates by measuring results on a Cash to Cash basis and Internal Rate of Return
• Using the knowledge to realign the investment possibility and results and gain insight into calculating sales income and taxable obligations
• The use of and structuring of investment partnerships and joint ventures. (Go to www.nyscar.org for details)
National Association of Realtors Annual Conference and Expo
The National Association of Realtors will hold their Annual Conference and Expo in Chicago, November 3-6, 2017.
Please visit www.NAR.Realtor/events/ to view the extensive schedule which includes many commercial meetings and education programs.
Brian DiNardo is the president of NYSCAR and is a NYS licensed real estate broker, DiNardo Realty Corp., East Rochester, N.Y.