Pictured above (from left) are: Merino, Santana, Osorio, Valdez, Campbell-Wolfe, Perkowski and Masom.
New York, NY One of Steve Masom’s last official duties as 2018 president of the Greater NY Chapter of IREM was to swear in the organization’s most recent certification recipients at a recent luncheon. Receiving the Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) designation were: Vania Merino; Elaine Santana; Orlando Osorio; Laurette Valdez and Faith Campbell-Wolfe. Also, Christopher Perkowski received his Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation.
On November 14, IREM will host “The future of development in NYC: Can you afford NOT to be in affordable housing?” The breakfast meeting will run from 8 to 10 a.m. at The Union League Club, 38 East 37th St. The price is $60 for members and $75 for non-members. Gentlemen, a jacket is required. The event sponsor is Guardian Service Industries.
The event will be moderatored by Randall Powell, CPM, chief executive officer of Infinite Horizons.
The panel will consist of:
• Michael Bucci, development resource group, Association for Neighborhood Housing & Development (ANHD).
• Susan Camerata, principal & CFO, The Wavecrest Management Team.
• Lisa Deller, CPM, VP ºasset management, National Equity Fund.
• Anthony Richardson, executive vice president of development, New York City Housing Development Corporation (NYCHDC.)
What they will be talking about:
• Status of affordable post tax reform legislation—NYC subsidies and the LIHTC market.
• New opportunities in affordable housing development.
• The evolution & impact of affordable housing over the past 10 years.
• New path for affordable housing development and management.
• How can IREM be a voice/advocate for affordable housing policy on a city state and federal level?
• Mayor de Blasio’s affordable housing plan and its impact on the NYC real estate market.
• Managing the changing needs of the affordable housing community both physical, financial and legal.
On February 7, 2019, IREM will hold its Annual Dinner & Awards from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at 230 FIFTH.
Honorees at the event include the following:
• Real Estate Person of the Year: Matt Duthie, Newmark, Knight, Frank.
• Certified Property Manager of the Year: Erin Leahy, Cushman & Wakefield.
• Industry Partner of the Year JAD Building Maintenance Supplies.
• Accredited Management Organization of the Year: Related Management.