1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just piss off and leave me alone.
2. Sex is like air. Its not that important unless you arent getting any.
3. No one is listening until you pass wind.
4. Always remember youre unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. If you think nobody cares whether youre alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.
7. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, youre a mile away and you have their shoes.
8. If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.
9. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
10. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.
11. If you tell the truth, you dont have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.
13. Dont worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience and most of that comes from bad judgment.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works.
17. Generally speaking, you arent learning much when your lips are moving.
18. Experience is something you dont get until just after you need it.
19. We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our ass - then things just keep getting worse.
20. Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Reprinted from (http://bitsandpieces.us/2012/02/01/20-zen-teachings/)
Roland Hopkins is founder of the NYREJ, Norwell, Mass.