New York, NY The New City office for Avison Young, led by principal and executive managing director Jedd Nero, has closed 11,480 s/f of new leases in locations throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn. The transactions include the following:
• A new 2,000 s/f ground floor lease at 41 West 46th St. for Mala Project, a sichuan chinese restaurant. The lease was for 10 years. Jedd Nero and Rob Nero from Avison Young represented the tenant, while the landlord represented themselves. The 41 West 46th St. property is a six-story walk-up residential building located in Midtown Manhattan.
• A new 1,060 s/f ground floor lease at 200 Water St., also for Mala Project. The lease was for 10 years. Jedd Nero and Rob Nero from Avison Young represented the tenant and the landlord was represented by Winick Realty Group. The 200 Water St. property is a 32-story residential building located in Downtown Manhattan.
• A 3,596 s/f ground floor lease renewal at 211 East 43rd St. for Soba Totto, a Japanese restaurant. The lease was for 10 years. An Avison Young team of Jedd Nero, Jeremy Schwartz, Henry Fuentes, Anthony Lopresti, and John Ryan represented the landlord. The 211 East 43rd St. property is a 24-story office building located in the Midtown East neighborhood of Manhattan.
• A 600 s/f ground floor lease renewal at 93 Worth Street for Tribeca Eye and Health, an optical healthcare facility. The lease was for 10 years. Jeremy Schwartz and Jedd Nero from Avison Young represented the building’s landlord IGI-USA, and the tenant was represented by Corcoran. The 93 Worth St. property is a recently restored condominium building in Tribeca, offering 92 units comprising studio, one, two, three and four-bedroom residences, along with seven penthouses.
• An 1,874 s/f lease at 1299 Nostrand Ave. in Brooklyn for a new Walgreens Community Pharmacy. The lease was for 10 years. Jeremy Schwartz and Jedd Nero from Avison Young represented the tenant and the building was represented in-house by Chris Tepper with Hudson Companies. The 1299 Nostrand Ave. property is an eight-story, 120-unit rental building in Brooklyn’s Prospect Lefferts Gardens neighborhood.
• A 2,350 s/f lease at 3954 Broadway in uptown Manhattan, also for a new Walgreens Community Pharmacy. The lease was for 10 years. Jeremy Schwartz and Jedd Nero from Avison Young represented the tenant and the building’s landlord Columbia University was represented by Melisa Schneider and Anil Chandra. The property is known as the Lasker Biomedical Research Building and its main address is 3960 Broadway.
“Our in-depth knowledge of the retail sector and ability to analyze current market conditions allows us to provide the strategic guidance needed for both owners and tenants throughout the entire deal process,” saidNero. “We’re excited to announce these latest transactions and also expect to be making additional lease announcements in the weeks ahead. Despite the relatively quiet retail market, the Avison Young team has been riding a wave of strong leasing activity over the last several months, which once again demonstrates that our platform is tailor-made to serve the comprehensive needs for a variety of retail clients.”
Avison Young is the world’s fastest-growing commercial real estate services firm. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Avison Young is a collaborative, global firm owned and operated by its principals. Founded in 1978, the company comprises 2,400 real estate professionals in 80 offices, providing value-added, client-centric investment sales, leasing, advisory, management, financing and mortgage placement services to owners and occupiers of office, retail, industrial, multi-family and hospitality properties.